Living, Learning, Laughing
The Beavers Community Primary School Staff and Governors aim to provide, together with our community, a centre of excellence with quality learning and teaching provision for all our pupils.
Beavers Community Primary School will, without excuse or compromise, provide the best start in life for all of the children in its care.
The Staff and Governors envisage this being carried out through:
- Having the child at the centre of everything we do
- Valuing the development of the whole child
- Outstanding learning delivered through outstanding teaching
- Keeping at the forefront of, as well as leading educational development and practice
- Constantly challenging all aspects of school life to ensure best practice is always prevalent
- Engaging parents in their child’s education
- A commitment to the safeguarding of all children and stakeholders
We are a UNICEF rights respecting school
Our School commitments are:
We all make a commitment:
- to learn
- to be safe
- To show mutual respect
Values-based schools seek to promote an educational philosophy based on valuing self, others and the environment through the consideration of an ethical values vocabulary.
Values are principles that guide behaviour. At Beavers adults are encouraged to model values and to give time for reflective practices. We believe that this empowers individuals to be effective learners and good citizens.
Our school values are:
|Autumn Term 1||Respect|
|Spring Term 1||Determination|
|Summer Term 1||Courage|
|Autumn Term 2||Equality|
|Spring Term 2||Honesty|
|Summer Term 2||Compassion|
We use a scheme called Project Achieve which encourages children to ‘Stop and Think’ about what’s happened and then make a good choice to remedy it. It trains children to deal positively with difficult situations, which may otherwise lead to conflict.